Mold Removal Contractor Newark NJ
Everyone has to deal with so many problems in order to keep his or her home conducive to living. Parents want the best for their family and that includes an ideal home. Among the many problems that constantly pester us are molds. Mold or mildew is a growth of fungi forming on any organic matter. It has a woolly texture and is associated with decay. Mold growth is inevitable. It is a part of nature. But why is mold or mildew growth dreaded by everyone?
When visible to the naked eye, mold or mildew growth may look repulsive, and as it continues to expand, it starts to rot its host. Its host could be anything from your wallpaper to your wooden stairs or even your couch. Mold spores are virtually everywhere, going where the wind goes, just waiting to fulfill their role as decomopsers. When they land on warm moist surfaces, they start to do what nature designed them to do.
There are ways to prevent mold or mildew growth. Since they thrive on warm damp areas, make sure that your house is well ventilated and constantly check for moisture problem. Once you notice dark-greenish spots growing on any surface, take action by having it cleaned up. A simple solution using vinegar and baking soda will do the trick.
If you just moved in to a new home, check for mold infestation. You might be surprised to find unwanted roommates. Be aware that other than potentially devastating your home, a mold infestation may also devastate your health.
Exposure to mold spores can be hazardous to humans. Inhalation may cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Certain species of mold also release mycotoxins which can be deadly, especially to infants and people suffering from diseases of the immune system. Studies show that mycotoxins can also cause neurological problems, liver disease and even cancer.
Stachybotrys chartarum (also known as black toxic mold), Aspergillus, and Cladosporium are the three common indoor mold species that we should be careful of as they can attack the respiratory and central nervous system. In the 1930s, it was said that mold was the cause of death of farm animals in Russia and other countries. Later on, there was a revelation that Stachybotrys chartarum growing on wet grain used to feed the animals. The illnesses and deaths also occurred in humans when starving peasants ate rotten food grains and cereals that were heavily overgrown with the Stachybotrys mold.
Regardless of the type or species, it's better to keep our home mold-free. There are dehumidifiers that can help keep closed spaces dry. When there's a leak or a plumbing problem, have it fixed as soon as possible. If you suspect an infestation, there are mold testing kits available at hardware and local stores to help you find out if your suspicion is true. If there has been a mold infestation unbeknownst to you, call a mold removal Newark NJ specialist at once. Do-it-yourself mold removal Newark NJ can only be done if the mold growth is not more than an area of 10 square feet. Large-scale mold growth should be left at the hands of the experts.